Syntronic Privacy Notice for Recruitment Activities
Syntronic (“Syntronic”, “we” or “us”) are fully committed to respect and protect any personal data (“Data”, “Information” or “Personal Information”) provided to us. This Privacy Notice for Recruitment activities (“Privacy Notice” or “Notice”) describes how we collect, use and store your personal information when you send us your resume, as well as other information and documents, when applying for a vacancy or sending us a spontaneous application. Syntronic always take full responsibility that all processing of personal data shall comply to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This Privacy Notice applies to individuals applying to a vacancy at, or sending a spontaneous application to, Syntronic. By accepting this Notice, you give your consent to us processing your personal information as set out in this Notice. You may at any time withdraw you consent.
Please note that we are dependent on your personal information in order to evaluate you as a candidate and make an assessment of whether you are qualified for the particular service or other services.
This Privacy Notice is based on the terms used by the European legislator for the adoption of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Personal data: Any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”). An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Processing: Any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction;
How and when we collect
We only collect and store such information about you that you have provided us, either by applying to a vacancy or sending us a spontaneous application. We may come to use a third-party recruiter (e.g. recruitment agency), in those cases we only use the information if you have given your consent to them to share your data with others.
What we collect
The personal data we collect includes but are not limited to; your social security number, address details, phone number, email address, CV/resume, current employer, employment history, educational history, interview results and test results. We also collect and store other information you have provided us when submitting your application.
We advise you to disclose sensitive personal information and data that is irrelevant to recruitment.
Why we collect
The purposes for collecting and processing the personal information provided by you includes but are not limited to:
- To be able to evaluate you as candidate and to assess whether you qualify for the service to which the job advertisement relates.
- To perform requisition and applicant management activities.
- To conduct screening and interviews.
- To determine if you qualify for any other available service we recruit for, but have not yet published amongst our vacancies or you have not applied for.
- To maintain a library of correspondence.
- To make offers and provide contracts of employment.
Syntronic is a global group of companies and we may share the data within Syntronic as well as using a third-party service to support the recruitment process. If we appoint a third-party service, they have a contractual responsibility to process the information on our behalf in accordance with our instructions, this Privacy Notice and any other appropriate privacy and security measures. In case of information being transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”) we will take steps to make sure the right security measures are taken so your information is protected on the same level as if it remained within the EU.
How long we keep your data
We will store your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary for the recruitment process of the vacancy you applied for, or for as long for us to comply with legal and/or regulatory requirements. If you have provided us with personal data as a spontaneous application, we will store your data for 24 month.
When the personal data we have collected is no longer needed it will be securely deleted. Data may be processed for statistical purpose, in those cases the data will be anonymized.
Your consent and your rights
Before applying to a vacancy or sending us a spontaneous application we will ask for your consent to process and manage your personal information as set out in this Privacy Notice. You may at any time withdraw you consent, in those cases we are obliged to inform you that we may not be able to manage your application.
In respect of your personal data you have the following rights:
- To obtain a copy of your personal data that Syntronic holds about you together with information regarding how and on what basis the data is processed.
- To rectify and complete your personal data if inaccurate, out of date or incomplete.
- To request your personal data to be deleted when no longer necessary in relation for the purpose for which it was collected or processed.
- To restrict processing of your data in case there is a dispute about accuracy or processing of your personal data.
- To port your data in machine-readable format to a third party (or to you) when we justify our processing on your consent or the performance of a contract with you.
- To object to the processing of personal data, in case data processing has been based on legitimate interest and/or direct marketing.
- To not be the subject of a decision solely based on any form of automated decision making, including profiling, if the decision may have legal consequences (or similar) significantly affecting you.
If any query’s regarding your privacy rights, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to the Privacy Notice for Recruitment activities
Syntronic reserves the right to amend this Privacy Notice at any time. Changes will be made known by the publishing of revised versions on our website. We may also at any time ask you to provide an active consent to a new Privacy Notice or in additional purposes if needed for us to process your personal data accordingly to this Notice.